Iron Maple Constructors is a general contracting firm owned by four industry veterans, Durck deWinter, Rene Cox, Ian Boyd, and Jim Brennan. Between the 4 partners, they have over 100years of construction experience. Please check out our website at www.ironmaple.ca.
Iron Maple will provide a great opportunity for those prepared to work in an environment where everyone will contribute to the overall success of the company. You will feel like you are part of a work family, working side by side with the ownership group. You will gain a sense of pride and accomplishment as Iron Maple strives to become the most respected contractor in the industry.
Senior Project Manager
Iron Maple has offices in Dartmouth, NS and Sussex, NB and currently requires a Senior Project Manager to work in our Dartmouth office, primarily focused on projects in Nova Scotia.
The ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of experience working as a Project Manager for a General Contractor in the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, and multi-tenant residential sector within Atlantic Canada. The Senior Project Manager ensures the successful delivery of assigned projects through the effective planning, execution and oversight of the project while maintaining positive relationships with the client, design consulting team and subcontractors.
Candidates must have:
· Leadership skills and a positive attitude that can motivate other team members to work effectively and efficiently together to deliver a quality project to our clients on schedule and on budget.
· The ability to work independently and manage assigned projects from the time of contract award to completion and successful handover to our clients.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with project stakeholders.
· Be committed to delivering projects safely while being a champion of the company’s safety policies and procedures.
· A firm understanding of:
· Construction methods and being able to deliver projects with high quality standards.
· Project financials and discipline to effective cost monitoring and management.
· The ability to develop and build strong relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, consultants and clients.
· Mobility/ability to travel as required forproject assignments within Atlantic Canada.
· Worked as a Project Manager for at least 5 years in the ICI sector and managed projects with a minimum value of $20M.
· A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or other relevant discipline or technology diploma in civil engineering/construction management or equivalent discipline.
· Fluent in the use of technology and enthusiasm for innovation.
· Ideally have experience in the use of Procore project management software.
· Gold Seal Certification would be an asset.
· Knowledge of the Atlantic Canada market.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send a cover letter with a brief explanation as to why you would be a great addition for the Iron Maple team and a resume outlining your qualifications, relevant experience, and 3 references by email to email@example.com.