Iron Maple Constructors is a general contracting firm owned by four industry veterans, Durck deWinter, Rene Cox, Ian Boyd, and Jim Brennan. Between the 4 partners, they have over 100 years of construction experience. Please check out our website at www.ironmaple.ca.
Iron Maple will provide a great opportunity for those prepared to work in an environment where everyone will contribute to the overall success of the company. You will feel like you are part of a work family, working side by side with the ownership group. You will gain sense of pride and accomplishment as Iron Maple strives to become the most respected contractor in the industry.
Iron Maple has offices in Dartmouth, NS and Sussex, NB and currently requires Superintendents to work in both NS and NB.
A Superintendent is the site-based leader whose primary responsibility is organizing the execution of the project, including self-performed and subcontracted scopes of work, to meet the project goals for budget schedule, quality, and safety.
The ideal candidate(s) will have at least 5 years of experience working as a Superintendent for a General Contractor in the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional, and Multi-tenant Residential sector within Atlantic Canada.
Candidates must have:
· Leadership skills and a positive attitude that can motivate other team members and subcontractor partners to work effectively and efficiently together to deliver a quality project to our clients on schedule and on budget.
· The ability to work independently and execute assigned projects from the time of contract award to completion and successful handover to our clients.
· Effective communication skills and the ability to work well with project stakeholders.
· Be committed to delivering projects safely while being a champion of the company’s safety policies and procedures.
· A firm understanding of construction methods and to be able to deliver projects with high quality standards.
· The ability to develop and build strong relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, consultants, and clients.
· Mobility/ability to travel as required for project assignments within Atlantic Canada.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Superintendent with a General Contractor.
· Knowledgeable and comfortable in the use of technology and enthusiasm for innovation.
· Ideally have experience in the use of Procore project management software.
· Gold Seal Certification would be an asset.
· Knowledge of the Atlantic Canada market.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits packages.
Please send a cover letter with a brief explanation as to why you would be a great addition for the Iron Maple team and a resume outlining your qualifications and relevant experience by email to email@example.com.